What is the School Grounds/Camp Grounds Inspection program?
This is an annual inspection of School and Camp facilities and outside grounds, including but not limited to the following:
Regulations: Arizona Administrative Code Title 9, Chapter 8, Article 7
- Vector infestation or conditions which may allow vector infestation
- Cleanliness of facilities including sleeping rooms, classrooms, restrooms, etc.
- Adequacy of handwashing facilities that are working and stocked with soap and proper hand drying supplies
- Proper chemical storage
- Inspection of drinking fountains to ensure they are clean and in proper working order
- Operation of faucets to ensure the supply of hot and cold running water.
- Inspection of plumbing
Why is it needed?
An annual routine inspection is required by the State of Arizona.
Who is required to obtain a license?
All public and charter schools and all children’s camps and rustic convention centers.
Is there a cost?
Yes, see Fee Schedule
What are the goals of the program?
The goal of this program is to improve the sanitation and safety of our school grounds and camp grounds.
What has the program achieved?
Sanitary environments for children and campers.
Contact the Yavapai County Environmental Health Unit for more information.